Saturday, December 5, 2009

DIY wedding makeup?

Did anyone do their own makeup for their wedding, or did you do the wedding makeup for a friend? I'm fairly skilled with makeup and i'm just wondering what brand and style you used. For example did you use Mac, bare minerals, was it dewy or was it matte... Specific products would be great, pictures even better. Thanks!DIY wedding makeup?
i had my hair professionally done,but did my own makeup.i like the way i do it,and figure no one knows my own face as well as i do !!!! the last time i paid to have someone else do it,i looked like a hooker !!!!!!!! i used plain old drugstore cover girl,and my wedding photos look gr8 ! i spent over 100 on my hair,tho.(well worth it,felt/looked like a princess!)DIY wedding makeup?
u will look gr8! congratulations and enjoy the day !!!! Report Abuse

I love doing make up and always do my friends make up when we go out etc. One friend had a very low budget wedding and asked if I would do her makeup for her. I used MAC and Lancome products. I used a matte foundation just in case in pictures the shine showed up oily. It was Lancome Teinte Ideal if you go to a counter and ask for it. It has great coverage but doesn't look cakey. I used Lancome Waterproof Undereye Concelear and also Lancome PhotoGenic translucent powder to set everything once I was done. Her skin looked flawless. I also used a very natural Lancome bronzer (not too shimmery) and a matte peachy blush from MAC. The best mascara I've ever used is Lancome Virtuose. It makes a big impact without chunking or looking too unatural. I used MAC #7 fake lashes (they're one of their most natural looking ones). And then for eyeshadow I used a mixture of colors. I used shimmery ones from both MAC and Lancome to make her eyes sparkle but kept it very natural with peach, champagne, and brown. It turned out great. She got lots of compliments are her photos were flawless.
I've done makeup for others and for my wedding, I think I want to do my own makeup. But I do makup on the side for movies and special occasions so I know my way around a brush and some powder.





For a long lasting face, I would recomend Bare Minerals foundation but I like MAC's colors for eye shaddow and lipstick. Most makeup artists use a mix of brands anyway. It's just what you find that you love. Cover Girl's Great Lash Mascara has been the #1 mascara for at least the past 5 years. And as simple as it is, and as cheap as it is, it is recomended by makeup artists and fashion magazines. So mix it up with what you like the most! And play many times over with your makeup before your wedding! Get practice and ideas with the colors you like! Don't let your makeup be an experiment!





Good luck!
I'm having a fellow Army wife who is a makeup artist do my makeup... but I bought the makeup she is using... its MAC. I love MAC. We did a run through of the makeup, and my fiance and I actually went for a jog that night, and makeup still looked great afterwards. I really tried to put it to the test on the run through! MAC lasts a long time, it doesn't smear, it doesn't smudge. Its great, trust me. I love MAC. We used the liquid foundation and the mineral powder foundation which came out even and matte and natural looking. Not cakey or gross. She used a light pink shimmery blush. Its not tacky shimmery... MAC shimmer is beautiful because its so fine it makes you shine in a way, not like specks of glitter in cheap products. We used several eyeshadow products (a soft pink as a primer, a lighter whitish color to highlight brows and to put on corners of the inner eye... and 2 actual colors to blend for the eyeshadow). We also used pencil eyeliner and mascara. None of it smudged or ran, but it blended great. I highly, highly recommend MAC makeup for your wedding day. It will stand up through sweating, crying, and whatever else comes your way!!!
It depends on the condition of your skin. If you have hardly any blemishes and just want to even out your skin, go with Bare Minerals. It looks so natural and clean. If you have dark circles, scars, or other imperfections, go with MAC studio fix. Your pictures will look amazing.
i would use mineral make up. Just to give you a more natural look. MAC is a more studio type of make up.





Every bride looks beautiful with more natural make up. It is your decision though, so i suggest that you give the styles a test try to see what you like.
My friend is paying for my hair to be done as a gift but she wants to take me to ULTA and go to the make-up counter but I sort of don't want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
domain names