Saturday, December 5, 2009

Wedding makeup blues... Are you doing your own bridal makeup?

So I went for a trial today ($80) and the makeup artitst costs $350 for one day... one hour of work. I truly hated her work. The eye makeup was great but everything else (foundation, blush, etc) was horrible. She tried air brush on half the face and regular foundation on the other side and within an hour, I looked tired and the makeup was oily and really heavy.





So I've decided to just do my own makeup. I use mineral makeup and it stays well on my skin and I know how to make it all heavy etc. Question though... has anyone used mineral makeup for professional photos or do they not work? I'm thinking of getting the Bare Escentuals kit and MAC eye shadows and lipstick and doing my own makeup and get the hair professionally done...





Thoughts, advice, ideas?Wedding makeup blues... Are you doing your own bridal makeup?
I am totally in love with Bare Escentuals. I've had bad acne in the past and still have some minor scarring left. I've used all sorts foundations to cover it up and they all end up looking heavy, shifting or smudging. Not to mention all the breakouts they cause. Bare Escentuals covers it completely and looks amazing in pics, and it doesn't irritate my skin.





I also have a bunch of their eye shadow kits, they're foolproof and stay on for hours on end. I am definitely doing my own makeup and I'm using this product.





I just realized I must sound like a paid spokesperson or something, but it has just changed my life. Wouldn't trade it for the world.





My advice to you is to save the money and do your own makeup. Good luck and congrats!Wedding makeup blues... Are you doing your own bridal makeup?
Make sure you do a few test runs with your new make-up. I like Bare Escentuals mineral foundation powder, but I also have a girlfriend who broke-out from using it. Some skin is more tolerant to the mineral stuff. Benefit makes a great matte powder that should be put on right after your foundation. Always keeps my skin looking good and is perfect for touch-ups. Keep the make-up very natural looking and you should be fine. Things could get a little messy if you try to do, say, a smoky eye.
The thing about your make-up on your wedding is that you don't want to look overdone or drag queen-ish. You want to look naturally beautiful. You don't want to do too much more than you usually do. You want to be comfortable and know you look awesome! I've heard that mineral make-up looks better in professional photographs and it's not too heavy or fake looking. I definitely wouldn't spend $350. on my make-up. Especially if I didn't like it! Congratulations and good luck!
Loooove Bare Escentuals. All of their makeup is so natural-looking, and are great for the skin, since it lets it actually breathe! I'd definitely do my own makeup if I were you. Saves tons of money and you have control of all the brushes yourself!





However, you might also wanna check into the Bare Escentuals eye makeup too. They're all so pretty, and make you look and feel as such. I speak from experience! haha





Congratulations and best wishes!
I just switched to the Body Shop's mineral makeup and got our vow renewal pictures from Hawaii and - even though I'm 49 and it was outside- it looked awesome. I also wore MAC eyeshadows and some liner with mascara (of course) on my 3 lashes (that's not a typo). It stayed on great and always looks as good at the end of the day as it does when I first put it on.





$350? yikes. Buy the makeup.
I generally don't wear make up everyday, so I did my own on my wedding day. I didn't use alot (didn't want to look over done) and I got many complements on my make up. If you know what to do to look your best then go for it. I wouldn't throw away money on something you didn't like.
If you buy $50 of product, a MAC's makeup artist will do your makeup for free. Book an appointment early because they go fast, as this secret is well known in the young girl going out on a Saturday night date crowd!
just buy the make up..if you buy 50$ dollars worth of makeup at MAC they will do it for free by appointment.
mac is nice





i am doing my own and will probably buy a few new bits
I did my own makeup for my wedding. It was really casual, just the 2 of us on the beach in Hawaii but we did have a photographer %26amp; I didn't want to take a chance on not looking like me. I only use MAC by the way %26amp; I just went a little heavier on the eyes %26amp; mascara. I did a smoky eye with pale lips %26amp; the clear MAC lipglass. The only problem was that I didn't consider the humidity since I was getting ready in an air conditioned room. I looked greasy 1/2 way into the ceremony on the beach. I would have used more powder. Other than that it was fine.





In my opinion, you should do it yourself. We all try different foundations %26amp; it takes forever to find that perfect one that we want to stick with. There's no way I would trust someone else to know exactly what I like after years of experimentation on my own.





You know what you should do? Go to the MAC counter %26amp; get a consultation. It's usually free to have them do your makeup if you end up buying products %26amp; you're looking to buy them anyway.
I did my own make up using the Minerals make up and was very happy with it. My only suggestion is to go to a make up counter and pick up the Smashbox Photo Finish. It is a kind of primer. It feels a little oily, but I promise it is not at all. It helps prevent you from getting really shiny. I have very greasy skin and did not have a bit of shine on the day of my wedding. I love that stuff. It was $15 for a little bottle of it, but it is so worth it. A little goes a long way. Plus your make up goes on so smooth with that stuff. You won't regret getting this stuff for anytime you have pictures taken
Hi good luck for the big day. When I was planning for my wedding day I went for a makeup trial as well. But I found that I preferred my makeup the way I did it normally so I decided I'd do it myself. I added a little extra colour and some shimmer dust and brought myself fresh new makeup in the colours I use. And a new lippy. When I saw my wedding pics I looked so natural except my skin looked flawless. My sister had hers done by an artist and she looked painted. The only thing you have to be aware of is strong bright lights. Try doing your own before the wedding and get someone to take pics of you in different kinds of light.
Here's what I would do:





Go to a Bare Escentuals store and have them do one of their free makeovers on you. That way you can see if you like the colors etc. Ask them to write down all colors/products they are using. If you like it, you can buy the necessary products and recreate it yourself (or have a friend do it). If you like MAC, go to their counter and do the same for the eye shadow.





If you have time to come in on your wedding day, they might even be willing to do the makeup for you on the day of, with maybe a minimum purchase. I did something similar at the Clinique counter. I came in ahead of time and had a trial makeover, and had the lady write down all the colors/products she used. Then, I also made an appointment for a makeover with them on my wedding day. They already knew what colors to use so it was quick and they only asked that I buy two products. It was a great deal!





Good luck!
Whoa, $350?? That's just ridiculous, especially if you weren't 150% satisfied. I did my own make-up for my wedding this past October...turned out great! I went to a Clinique counter and let them try out a few products on me (and I watched while they applied them so I could recreate the look myself). I ended up buying foundation, powder, and concealer because I knew I needed good products that would last all day. Then I just used my own stuff for my eyes and lips.





I definitely recommend going to a make-up counter that you personally like and let them know you need long lasting products for your wedding. They can suggest some items and you can let them try them out on you if you want. Invest in the actual make-up so you can use it after the wedding as well %26amp; get your money's worth out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
domain names