Friday, December 11, 2009

Wedding hair and makeup for me and bridesmaids?

I want to know if this seems OK: My wedding is going to be small (85 people) on the beach at 11 am on May 23rd. I plan on having a fake hair addition (just a clip to make my hair look like a curled pony tail--I'm lazy and cheap). I am thinking of having natural but a little heavier than normal makeup (do it myself or possibly having a friend helping). For my bridesmaids, I was thinking hair down and straight (do it yourself), and makeup a little lighter than mine (do it yourself or possibly a friend helping). We will be sleeping in a hotel together the night before and get up and get ready together.





Since my hair is going to be simple, is it wrong to tell my bridesmaids not to get their hair done professionally? I just think it will be too much for the simplicity of the wedding (David's Bridal wedding party).





I'm not requiring them to get their nails done, though they can.





Does this sound ok? Do you think anyone will complain or try to get themselves professionally done?Wedding hair and makeup for me and bridesmaids?
no heck no. i'd be thrilled if the bride told me i didn't have to get everything professionally done and could just do something relaxed, low key, natural.... sure you want to look pretty and your best that day too, but as i'm not the bride, i'd really rather not be spending a fortune getting that stuff done... i think you should just explain it to them like you just did... that's its a relaxed outdoor wedding and you don't think they should get their hair done, tell them to just leave it down and lightly style it themselves... any questions to let you know first. tell them the same for the makeup. if someone is really uncomfortable with makeup and hair doing, if one of your other girls can help them do theirs that'd be perfect.Wedding hair and makeup for me and bridesmaids?
What I would do is have them have any hairstyles approved before doing it. You want to see a picture of what they're thinking of. Some women, even for hair that's just straightened, are going to want to get it done professionally--and that's fine, as long as it fits within the parameters of what you, the bride, want.





Also, I would avoid having the bridesmaids makeup lighter--they'll be in photographs as well, and photography really washes out most people. You're going to want them in a little heavier than normal makeup, or they'll look washed out in your color pics. B%26amp;W won't be a problem, but color will. Think about that.





Another thought I just had--don't have the bridesmaids each have the same hairdo. Let each wear their hair casually, but in a style that's becoming to her. You don't want them looking like a row of Barbie dolls on the beach, with matching hair and makeup.





Good luck!
just get them all together and talk about the feel you want for the wedding and then go into how you want them to look. just present it as an au natural thing and instead of saying- i don't want you getting your hair professionally done say something like- and unless anyone has some serious objections i'd prefer that everyone wear their hair down and straight and make-up light to keep with this over all feel. it may seem a little silly but because things are so simple i want the differences between us to be subtle.


and i don't see how someone could get themselves professionally done if you are all getting ready together- but you need to be upfront about this from the beginning so they don't get a ton of their own ideas or make their own plans. i am sure they will be happy to help you out however they can and do their best to keep you happy by fulfilling your vision. and if stuff doesn't go exactly how you planed.... the most important thing is your marriage not how these chicas look and it's probably not grounds for the end of a friendship if they're deviants... but it all depends


congrats and best of luck
No idea, but odds are someone will have some gripe about something, whether it's this or something else. I would say that it is overall a good idea that you are not some kind of a control freak as to the hair and nails just being so-and-so. Of course, you do sort of run the risks of bridesmaids showing up with punk-style hairdos in outlandish colors or makeup or nails in a gothic style that some might find a bit garish or even shocking. A safe alternative would be for you and/or your fiancee or the hosts or those paying for the wedding to spring for a wedding makeup artist and hair stylist for you and the bridesmaids at an affordable group rate or with a group discount, regardless of whether you yourself use the individual for anything. Just a thought of course. CONGRATS.
ok they shouldn't have a problem with this if they are there for YOU and that is the way it should be. No one should outshine the bride. it is a beach theme just tell them to look nice but natural.. I think you should invest in some real hair instead of fake hair. (meaning that you can buy human hair) cause you do have to see the photos for the rest of your life and sooner than you think you will look at your hair and say oohh man I should have gotten real hair. tell the girls if they want to get something done get a mani pedi and go barefoot on the beach:)
no it's not okay. they are allowed to wear their hair however they want.
I think it's very controlling for a bride to insist on certain hair and makeup for the bridesmaids. It may be ';your day'; but don't you want your bridesmaids to feel at their best too? Let them decide what they want to do with hair and makeup. And if they do show up with professional hair and makeup, what then? Are you going to let that mess with your day?
If you don't want them to do it professionally, you might want to have some picture examples of what type of hair styles you would like them to have. You could also have a friend or someone available to help with hair. I know if I were a bridesmaid, I would be a little nervous to have to fix my own hair. I had to do it for my brother wedding... and let's just say I was terrible!


I like the pony tail idea. They can be really cute with some added curls from a curling iron.


As far as nails, you should at least ask them to paint them... they don't need to be a professional manicure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
domain names