Friday, December 11, 2009

Wedding day makeup....?

Hi! I'm wondering about wedding day makeup. I normally don't wear any makeup at all, so I don't want to cake it on for the wedding day. I'm not sure I want to have my makeup professionally done. I think it's a ton of money and I'm worried I won't even like it or I'll rub my eyes (like I typically do) and I'll ruin it. I was thinking just doing a little myself, just some kind of eye shadow and a light lip gloss. I really hate wearing mascara, cause I hate the feeling of curling my eyelashes, which I would need to do since I wear glasses. If I don't curl them, the mascara gets all over my lenses. My hair is reddish-blondish, and I have pale skin, but hoping to have a nice natural tan by August, so should have some color already. So would just the shadow and gloss be okay? What do you think? Thanks!Wedding day makeup....?
I think you can do it yourself, but you may have some trouble if you don't wear makeup much now. You'll need to know what products work for you and how to apply them.





Go to a makeup counter (like Clinique or Lancome) and let them know that you are getting married and you want to enhance your look with some products, but not look overdone. They can test out some products on you and show you how to apply them.. and you can buy the ones that you want. It is worth it to test out the products with your skin- for matching purposes and to make sure that it doesn't irritate your skin. Practice applying the makeup yourself a few times and take photographs so that you can see how it shows up in pictures. I think you'll need some foundation (even sheer foundation) to even out your skin tone (everyone can use a little help there), a bit of blush or bronzer, concealer in case of dark eye circles or blemishes, mascara and some lip color.Wedding day makeup....?
You definately need to have your makeup done! For picture purposes, you want to be what people call, ';an enhanced version of yourself';. You should not look so dolled up that you don't recognize yourself, but you also need to make your features pop for the camera. Go to a makeup counter, tell the lady you need an understated, clean look! Good luck!!!
a little wil be ok
You should definitely practice, look at actresses or whatever online for makeup styles that you like/ inspiration pics.





For pictures, it would be good to have a little mascara on- it really does look good!- but it is NOT a requirement- it's YOUR wedding, so you should look and feel like YOU!





But try practicing a little- especially with a little mascara! If you put the mascara on and leave your glasses off for about a minute, it should dry and not get on your lenses (I never curl my lashes, even when I'm wearing my glasses) It might feel weird at first- like your lashes are stuck against your lenses? But your lashes will curl against your lenses and that weird feeling will go away :)





Good luck!
I went to a MAC counter and had them do it a few weeks before, and she gave me tips so that I could do it on my wedding day. I also went to a Mary Kay lady who gave me helpful tips, as well. Makeup is super important, because if you don't know what you are doing, you could look awful in your pictures! Also, you need to put on makeup after you get your hair done, because hairspray over the makeup will look shiny and you face will have reflections in the pictures. I really like MAC concealer and they also have a super long wearing lipstick, so you don't have to reapply for pictures throughout the day. Wedding makeup is tricky, because you need enough definition for your lips and eyes to stand out in pictures, but you want to look nice close-up, too. I would seek professional tips!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
domain names