Saturday, December 5, 2009

Wedding makeup blues... Is bare escentuals mineral good for the bride makeup and photography?

So I went for a trial today ($80) and the makeup artitst costs $350 for one day... one hour of work. I truly hated her work. The eye makeup was great but everything else (foundation, blush, etc) was horrible. She tried air brush on half the face and regular foundation on the other side and within an hour, I looked tired and the makeup was oily and really heavy.





So I've decided to just do my own makeup. I use mineral makeup and it stays well on my skin and I know how to make it all heavy etc. Question though... has anyone used mineral makeup for professional photos or do they not work? I'm thinking of getting the Bare Escentuals kit and MAC eye shadows and lipstick and doing my own makeup and get the hair professionally done...





Thoughts, advice, ideas?Wedding makeup blues... Is bare escentuals mineral good for the bride makeup and photography?
hey I'm going to do my own make up too, and paying for my hair to be done.


if it stays well on your skin after u tried it, u should stick to it. remember to use a primer. it makes a world of difference. it holds your make up the whole day and keeps it matt.


best way to tell is to try out yourself. ask someone to take some photos for u with your make up on, n c how u look. pay attention to questions like, if the coverage is enough; eye shadow colour is too little/much, blusher colour, lip colour, etc.


congrats!Wedding makeup blues... Is bare escentuals mineral good for the bride makeup and photography?
Don't use BE it has bismuth and will reflect light. This will give you make you look pale. It is one of the worst makeups to use for photos. MAC would work better for photos but it is very heavy and may start to melt off by the end of the day. I would also suggest you try the Bee Luscious brand. It is very light and it will not reflect the light. You get the best of both worlds with it.
YESSSSSSS mine turned out FABULOUSLY. My face looked so perfect in all of my wedding photos. It looked like movie star skin! And my natural skin is far from perfect so it was all in the makeup. I used the regular Bare Minerals foundation with mineral veil.





Good luck on your big day! :)
I think both of those are great choices. I personally use Bare Escentuals and MAC daily. The only thing I would suggest is a primer underneath the eye pigments, and a lip liner underneath the lipgloss/lipstick to hold color longer.





Congrats!
I think its a good choice especially mineral vail it makes your face glow in the sun.
I am a professional makeup artist for over 29 years, I have used many brands and have done tons of bridal makeovers.





First Bare Minerals would be the biggest mistake for wedding pictures you only get one shot so you have to have the perfect products to with stand the entire day. Bare Mineral products cake and flake off and it does not last more than 2 hours if that without constant touch ups which you will not have the time for.





I will give you my success secret for all my clients go to www.beeluscious.com and first get sampples of the liquid minerals for color match once you have the right color match buy their photo touch mineral foundation in the same color it comes with its own built in brush for perfect application it is formulated specifically for flawless pictures and 8+ hours of strong hold no touch ups.I also suggest for makeup their timeless bridal collection they have a 30% off sale from now til the 25th no min. order just enter the code christmas all in lowercase your cost will be 1/2 if not even less than the way you are thinking and the makeup will be ';Timeless'; your pictures will be flawless from begining to end I stake my reputation on it.








I am editing for the sake of the rude person calling me an idiot. Go to infomercialscams dot com and read many of the choice complaints by many people using bare minerals and hating it for many reasons I went ahead and did the research for you as a professional that wants to help.


**************************************鈥?br>

10/2/2008 - adrian writes:


I've been a makeup artist for about 5 years and I feel like I know a good makeup line when I see one. I was convinced Bare Minerals would actually be great for my clients because it was all natural and believed what the commercials said. After testing the products on customers that come into my job, I totally downgraded my opinion. For women to think that POWDER will leave their skin looking soft, natural, and flawless have another thing coming, especially if you have dry skin. When you have good skincare, your makeup and your skin will be great as well. They go hand in hand. The sad part about this is, is that Bare Minerals is SO messy, and yet women feel like this stuff is Jesus Christ in the form of loose powder. No way will I ever recommend this crap to my clients, especially my clients of color. No matter how many times I've done an application on a darker skinned client, it always looks ashy and white, even if i use very little. The brushes are hard and scratchy and always fall out. They're always claiming to be the best on the market. They aren't. Because it's still makeup no matter what these women think. PEOPLE REACT DIFFERENTLY TO MAKEUP. No makeup is completely safe. Invest in something you feel would be best for you. Don't believe the hype just because all these psychotic women feel like BM is the best on the market. I hope this company goes under, seriously.








**************************************鈥?br>

11/16/2008 - Efren Ceron writes:


DON'T BUY BARE MINERALS! does not work. TRY [][WORKS WAY BETTER AND IS LESS THAN BARE MINERALS. bare minerals makes you look cakey and does not hide darks circles k how can powder be a concealor NO! [] concealor works like magic hides everything and does not look dry like bare minerals. when your a [] member you lock into exclusive makeup produts. PLEASE try []! being a customer for almost a year i promise you! YOU WILL LOVE IT!


**************************************鈥?br>

11/14/2008 - carrie writes:


My girlfriend really liked the BM so I tried it, and within a couple days, I started to get these tiny red bumps all over esp on my cheeks where I never break out. I use [] to keep my skin clear and [] powder. I kept using it thinking I my skin just had to get used to it, or that I had used some dirty brushes, or a diet change but no. Within a week, I had bumps all over my face, on my neck and jawline it looked terrible! I guess this isn't for everyone.


**************************************鈥?br>

10/18/2008 - Catherine writes:


I live in Florida, so most of the year it is hot and humid. My skin is very light, I burn easily, and it does not tan. I am in my early fifties, so I do have some lines. When I use Bare Minerals, my skin feels like it is burning, it looks very dry, the lines are emphasized %26amp; I break out.


**************************************鈥?br>

10/16/2008 - Lisa writes:


Bare Minerals is a waste of money. Besides being ultra messy, it does not provide the flawless coverage they bang on about. It settles into even the smallest lines making them very noticeable! It cakes up after you have it on for a few hours. If you are unlucky enough to drop one of those horrid little containers then you spill all the product out and are S.O.L! The foundation colors are all very orangey. What a waste of money.


**************************************鈥?br>

9/29/2008 - melanie writes:


bismuth oxychloride is arsenic! google it! i too fell for this scam. i purchased some items from sephora while visiting in las vegas. i spent 28.00 on their kabuki, 25.00 for .85 grams of foundation and 19.00 for the .85 grams of mineral veil(which is all cornstarch) i could have gotten the right from my cupboard! total spent was 72.00. i was all excited to get back to the hotel and try it on. i followed the simple directions the store clerk gave me and wah lah, boohooo! it gave such a shiny appearance to my face i think i saw my reflection! but i thought well everyone else seems to like it so i will give it a whirl. within hours my face started itching and burning terribly. i couldnt understand what was going on and thought maybe it was just the heat in vegas. i stopped wearing it til i got back home a few days later and tried again. within hours there i was burning and itching. by morning i was covered in welts! i called my dr immediately and went in to see what she had to say. when i told her i had tried the i.d. bare minerals she told me to stop using it right away. she informed me that their very main ingredient bismuth oxychloride was the culprit and she had seen it many times. she said that it was a form of arsenic that had not yet been evaluated by the fda. i really liked the idea of the all natural stuff so i started researching on my own and found tons of mineral companies that sell bismuth free minerals and some do not even use cornstarch in their veils. i tried one i found on the internet and 2 brands from ebay. omg what a difference! all 3 were very comparable and none of them made me itch. prices were about 60-70% less than b.e. bareminerals is a rip off.





**************************************鈥?are just a few the worst thing that could happen is a break out during your wedding day and itching irritation. I would think twice before investing in Bare Minerals!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
domain names