Friday, December 11, 2009

Makeup for blue wedding?

So, my best friend is getting married in September (I know, it's a long time away), and I will be wearing a royal blue gown. I have an olive complexion with dark hair and light blue eyes. How the heck should I do my makeup? Will blue be too much blue? If you can find any pics for suggestions that would be great!Makeup for blue wedding?
First of all, makeup shouldn't match your clothes, it should match your complexion/eye color. That being said, it's fun to find colors that match both.





I would go with silver or a smokey eye for an evening wedding.


http://themakeupgirl.typepad.com/themake鈥?/a>





For a day wedding, you might want something more neutral.


http://www.bulletmag.net/columns/aboutfa鈥?/a>





I would go to a makeup counter (or Bare Essentuals store if they're near you) and tell them exactly what you want. They can help you find the perfect look and then you can buy the makeup right there.





Have fun!!





Makeup for blue wedding?
You sound worried by blue, and like you mention blue just because you have no idea what ELSE to do, am I right?





If yes, I think you'd be most comfortable wearing greys/charcoals, it elegant, gorgeous and will go very well to complement both your coloring, and the blue dress. You could easily pull off blues with your coloring if you WANT to, but if you won't feel comfortable, then don't do it! Nothing's worse than feeling self-conscious!





Browns would also be nice if that's what you'd prefer, though I think it may blend a bit *too* seamlessly with your coloring, so I wouldn't say browns are the best choice if you're comfortable with the idea of a more grey/charcoal/slate palette! =o)





Also, keep in mind with blue eyes, wearing blues sorta becomes redundant!





For blue eyes, personally, I'd go either greys, or golden/orangey colors look phenomenal! It's quite bold though, so if you're at all shy with makeup, then don't do it, but if you like to play with color, i think you'll find that golden palettes really flatter blue eyes, especially with a darker skin tone vs. fair skinned!





Have fun! =o)





**Edit: I'm sorry, I got lost for a minute, actually for olive if you use darker shades of brown (chestnut shade say, for the crease, the darkest color point) and line with charcoal or black, that can easily look incredible on your skin...I was thinking darker than olive at the point where I said don't do brown, brown is totally good if it's on the darker side of browns! =o)
I think silver would look nice with a smokey affect -Silver and blue were my wedding colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
domain names