Wednesday, December 2, 2009

How long before the wedding should you get hair and makeup done?

So that hair doesn't fall out of whatever was done to it or the makeup wear off. Also, if you plan to eat so you have something in your stomach to get you through the day until the reception, did you do that before you start in on the hair/makeup?How long before the wedding should you get hair and makeup done?
I got mine done at 11am for a 2pm wedding





I had a light breakfast with my MOH prior to getting hair done to keep from getting too light headed.How long before the wedding should you get hair and makeup done?
it depends on what time the wedding is. if the wedding is at or before noon, hair and makeup starts at 7am or 8. especially if you have multiple bridesmaids that need work too. the photog usually comes to wherever the bridesmaids and mother of the bride are getting ready and gets some pre wedding pics of them during that time, posed and candid both.





as for eating, have a veggie or fruit tray available to bring with you to the salon if the salon doesn't supply that for you as part of the bridal package. stow a bag of goldfish crackers in your purse and you can much on them as you need. also mimosas are a great morning celebratory drink to calm the nerves!
It depends on what photographs you plan on taking before the wedding. For my friend's 6:30 pm wedding, we had to be at the church at 4 pm to meet with the photographer. We therefore got our hair and makeup done between 1-3:30.





I definitely recommended snacking throughout the day - otherwise it will be a VERY long day, and you might get faint. For an evening wedding, I suggest an early lunch (about 11 am) and then snacking again at 3-4 pm so you have enough energy to last through the ceremony and the photo-taking afterwards.





Our hair/makeup person did touch-ups at the church, so we ate after we started doing hair/makeup.
My hair was ready by 1pm for our 4pm wedding - it was an updo and it stayed the entire evening. It's really important to go to a stylist who specializes in wedding hairstyles. He used enough hairspray and pins that I didn't need to do a thing! And actually it took me a long time to get my hair out of that style after the reception ended.





I ate cereal around 2:30ish and then we headed to the church. I was too excited to be hungry :)





Makeup I applied in the morning and then touched up before the ceremony.
I would say do the hair no more than 2-3 hours before the wedding. (depending on how long it takes) The make-up I would say no more than an hour before the wedding. Most people eat in between the hair and make-up or before they get started.
I don't know sorry!!!
  • interest rate
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    domain names