Friday, December 11, 2009

Makeup on wedding day, what to do?

Okay, I've been watching some tutorials on Youtube about makeup on my wedding day. I'm not going to go crazy over-the-top, I want to look like myself, but of course I want to look more flawless than an average day at work. Here is what I've come up with when sort of compiling the tutorials I've watched. Am I missing some steps?





1. Start with clean face.


2. Moisturize


3. Primer


///Conceiler here?


4. Foundation


5. Set the foundation with a powder


6. Chisel jawline and cheek hollow with bronzer or what?


7. Apply blush


8. Then lips, eyes, etc.





Are there any other tips for making my skin look smooth and photograph well? What about eyes and lips? I know how I want to apply them but are there any makeup secrets that will make me smudge proof and last longer? Thanks!Makeup on wedding day, what to do?
Always leave foundations, concealers and powders LAST. If you apply them first and then you apply your eye make-up, the eye make-up could smudge and then you'd have to whipe off everything and start over. So much easier to just wait until after you're done to apply your eyes.





You could also go to a MAC counter or store and let them know it's your wedding and would like a nice, natural look. The only rule is you need to buy $50 in products, but you get to choose whichever products you want.





I cannot stress enough how much you need to use primers! Eyeshadow primer (L'Oreal creaseless eyeshadow primer and Urban Decay Primer Potion) will keep your eyeshadows from creasing, running and disappearing off your lid. A foundation primer (Smashbox Photo Finish primer and Vagisil Anti-Chafe gel) will help your foundation last much longer and will make your skin look smoother and photograph better.





Also, don't do anything to trendy or bright. Keep your hair and make-up classic and natural looking. You don't want to look at your wedding pictures 20 years from now and think ';WHAT was I thinking?!';





Good luck on your wedding day :)Makeup on wedding day, what to do?
If you wear eye make up (mascara will make your eyelashes look longer and thicker, eyeliner will make your eyes look wider depending on where you put it, the thickness, color...) Whatever you decide to do, don't wear the same amount of makeup on your eyes as lips. The makeup should focus on either the eyes or the lips-never both; or you'll end up looking like a clown. Try this website and see if it helps any! I hope you have a beautiful wedding!!!





http://makeup.lovetoknow.com/How_to_Appl鈥?/a>
Be as natural as possible. Your future spouse loves you for how you look every day, so look as close to that as possible!
Just try too Natural.GOD did not make an ugly WOMAN
try looking for wedding turtorials on youtube there is loads but the more you look at the harder it will be to decide
I hear that you should not use anything w/ shimmer because it doesnt look good on camera
what state do you live...... my mother works for Estee Lauder inside Macy's, and she will be glad to help you.........
In my experience, I've found that doing eyes first is easiest. That way, any eyeshadow fallout won't end up on my already done foundation, and if I end up screwing up my eyes, it's a little easier to take everything off and start all over again.





So I'd do something a little more like this:


1. clean face


2. Moisturize (Does your moisturizer have a SPF in it? Is your wedding outside, or do you think you'll be outside long enough to need a moisturizer with SPF in it?)


3. Prime


4. Conceal here. Yes.


5. Eyes (Use a primer to keep your color vibrant and long-lasting, but always do your mascara last!)


6. Foundation/powder (make sure you buff the powder in. You don't want to look chalky. I use powder foundation, and set it with a couple spritzes of MAC fix+ and it works like a charm.)


7. Contour/highlight/blush


8. Lips (Color your lips in with your lipliner before you apply your lipstick. It will help your color last longer. Also, try one of those ';outlast'; top coats. I think that might help as well. Goopy gloss won't last long at all, so keep that in mind.) and Mascara.





Give your makeup several ';trial runs'; when you have nothing else to do, just to see how long you can expect it to stay perfect on your wedding day. You should have enough time to tweak and change products until you get it perfect. If you're really feeling adventurous, go outside during the time of day you'll be getting married and take some pictures of your makeup to see how well it photographs.





I kept my makeup artist (who also happened to be one of my dear friends) close while we were doing our photos so she could make sure that my makeup behaved, and it did... I was just paranoid, haha. If you don't have an artist, maybe keep a bridesmaid or another friend nearby to help you out with any touch-ups you might need between shots.





Hope this helps! Good luck, and congratulations! %26lt;3%26lt;3%26lt;3





EDITED TO ADD: L'Oreal makes a great inexpensive primer for eyes. It's called ';De-Crease'; and you can pick it up from any drugstore for about $8. If you want something a little higher end, Urban Decay Primer Potion (aka UDPP) and Too Faced Shadow Insurance (aka TFSI) can be purchased at any Sephora or Ulta, or at Sephora.com or Ulta.com





For face primers, there's Smashbox Photo Finish Light... I think Sephora sells smaller sized versions of this for about $17-$20... just make sure you get the light one. Try it out waaaay before your wedding, because I understand that it very rarely breaks people out. I don't use a face primer, but I do keep oil blotting sheets on hand, because they keep my oily skin in check.





Hope this helps, boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
domain names