Saturday, December 5, 2009

Would you recommend having makeup professionally done for your wedding?

Not that I'm super great with makeup, but I feel like if I read up on some stuff I could figure out how to make myself look like a perfect little blushing bride. Is it worth the money though just to skip that stress and hire a pro? Is it typically super expensive to hire someone or go somewhere to have makeup done?


What do you suggest??Would you recommend having makeup professionally done for your wedding?
I would suggest doing it yourself. You can learn what looks good and practce a lot and it's probably cheaper. Also, you can just do it at home. My Aunt just got married and did hers at home and EVERYONE told her how beautiful it was.Would you recommend having makeup professionally done for your wedding?
At my salon regular makeup was $50 and airbrush makeup was $65.





I opted for the airbrushing since it was supposed to be more tear resistent. I really loved the way my makeup came out.





I think it is worth it to get your makeup done. You only get married once.





To buy quality makeup for one day would cost way more than having it professionally done.


The lipgloss alone that I use is $36. The primer I use is $42. The tinted moisterizer is $36. The concealer I use is $30. The pressed powder is $28. The bronzer I use is $39.





Holy crap that's $175 just for my face, not including lipstick, liner, and gloss! Don't tell my husband. lol.





Anyway, quality makeup is costly. Well worth it, but expensive. If you want to invest in makeup that you put on in the morning and look awesome 10 hours later without a touch up, I recommend going to Sephora and having their non-commisioned makeup artists help you. Then feel free to do your own makeup with the techniques that the people at Sephora show you.





Otherwise, go to a trusted salon and have them airbrush your face.
I know how I like my makeup to make me look exactly how I like looking and when I go in for my trial, if they don't do it just how I want, I'm going to strip it all off and do it myself and tell them that's how I want it done, or I'll just do it myself.





I'm so picky. But if you think you can do it better than anyone else (which is my case) then do it yourself!





I'm having my hair done though because I'm not very good at it!
I am a nurse, so my everyday makeup is pretty minimal. But I wanted something a little more dramatic (but not *too much* for the wedding.)





About a month before the wedding, I experimented with lots of different makeup %26amp; even false eyelashes. Then, the day of my aunt applied my makeup for me. She is good at that sort of thing ~ and I figured she really couldn't mess it up too badly because I already had the makeup picked out. She just put it on.





I would suggest doing your own experimenting. You could even go to department stores ~ a lot of makeup counters will give you a free make over. You may learn a few tips. Personally, there were so many other expenses for the wedding that I never considered hiring a pro to apply my makeup.
I will be having my makeup professionally done just because i'm sure my nerves will be high and it would make it easier. Whatever you do make sure you do a test run etc and get the look you want. Also make sure that you look like a glamorized ';you'; on the big day, not someone else. I can't tell u how many weddings I've attended where the bride look beautiful but didn't look like herself. You know yourself better than anyone and how you want it to look. If your up for it then go for it.





I recommend going to the make-up counters and asking for a makeover. Pay close attention to how they do things and figure out what you like and don't like.
I don't like how people end up looking when they have someone else do their makeup professionally. They either look too made up or don't even look like themselves. You want to look like yourself just a little prettier than usual. They are not that expensive, about $50-100.





I usually only wear lipstick and mascara but for my wedding I added a shimmery neutral eyeshadow, a thin line of eyeliner at my top lashline which I perfected to not be visible but just make them look really full and my eyes bigger, 10 thin coats of mascara and I used a lash comb between coats so it didn't look really thick but just looked longer with each coat I put, red lipstick, clear mascara on eyebrows and bottom eyelashes, and makeup on my face (a light application of foundation and powder). So I started practicing about a month before and on the weekends would wear my makeup that way so I could learn to do it so I didn't look like I was wearing more makeup than usual but still look flawless and prettier for the pictures and so I could get used to how it felt on my skin and to learn how to put it on faster and keep it looking fresh for the whole day.
I can recommend it, but you need to find the right person.


I am not good with makeup, and I would say I am a plain-looking person.


I went to one make up lady and it looked terrible. Then I tried a different one, and I could not believe the transformation! Going to sound like I'm blowing my own trumpet here but I could not believe how beautiful I looked - it's amazing what makeup can do! I would never have been able to do my own makeup like that!


I paid AU $40 for the makeup and it was worth EVERY cent.
Perfectly understandable. If you already have the skill or know someone who can do it, there's no reason to pay someone at least $60 to put some makeup on you that you'll have to retouch and will remove within a few hours.





My plan is to buy some quality make-up (I don't typically wear much make-up, so I only have cheap stuff) and have my future mother-in-law do it, since she used to do the Mary Kay thing. I know she does a good job, and I'm more comfortable with someone I know. And I get to keep the make-up for future use.





Save the money for something better :)
I am having my makeup done just because I have cheap makeup, and I'm decent, but not good enough to have stunning makeup on my wedding day.





Makeup artists are able to use certain makeups/lotions/techniques so that makeup lasts all day long, rather than getting absorbed into the skin and looking less vibrant hours later. They also have techniques so that if you laugh or cry a lot, you wont get tired, because the under eyes have been done well...





It's up to you. I know I want one, but it's being paid for by my godmother as a gift, and she told me to find the best and money doesn't matter. I really lucked out...
I'm paying too much- $100 for just my makeup. It's MAC makeup, though, and it's good quality. I think you need a pro, because they can do makeup differently so that you look great in pictures. Your eyes and lips need to look good, so they are accentuated in pictures. For example, I went to do a trial makeup run and she said I need a darker lipstick, because it will look much lighter in pictures. But nothing like stage makeup, otherwise I'd look like a clown to everyone actually there :)
i dont know if anyone has mentioned this, but for my first marriage, i had my makeup done at the mall...in belk using the lancome counter (i love lancome!) anyways, i didnt pay a dime! i met w/ the girl a month prior or so and she did makeup on me..i decided i liked it and she said she would do it for me on my wedding day!


the advantages of someone else doing it is..if you are nervous, it is one less thing you have to do and all your makeup options are right there! so, if you dont normally use a certain powder that sets everything or a certain foundation that is perfect for your big day but not for everyday use then...i would go w/ a makeup counter...cuz all that really good makeup is expensive!
I had mines done; I had a destination wedding. I know how to apply make up; but I didn't want to have too much or not enough on. And I took into consideration that it was so hot; (we got married on the beach)Makeup artist no all the tricks of what to do and not to do.


If your entire wedding party is getting there's done; it should be a lil cheaper; if you're just having it done; the cost and price will vary...but do your home work. I love MAC %26amp; Bobbi Brown make up artist...
I'm going to have mine done. It is one of the few things that I'm going to splurge on. A makeup artist can do a look that not only will appear beautiful in person but also show well in photographs.





It's not necessary though - I know many brides who have looked lovely with makeup they did themselves.
I suggest just having a friend do it. You can practice ahead of time to get the perfect blushing bride look that you want, that way they will know what you want and how to do it before the big day. I haven't ever had great experience having a stranger do my makeup. You want someone who knows you...especially because you want to look like your own beautiful self on your wedding day!
It was completely worth the money to not have the stress of hair and makeup. I had both professionally done and it was money well spent. (And I am usually great at doing both!)





With my luck I am guaranteed a break out and a bad hair day if I attempt to do it myself on a special occasion!!
I wouldn't get ';regular makeup'; done because you can do that yourself... but air brush make up is amazing for weddings.





http://www.transformationsbymeredith.com鈥?/a>





look at the lower half of the page for all the younger women with acne or scars... it also makes you look matte which is what you want for your pictures. Being shiny and shimmery only makes yo9u look greasy.
I had my maid of honor do it. We practiced prior to, to make sure we figured out what we liked and what worked.





I have never had my makeup professionally done, so I don't think it is necessary...especially if you don't wear a lot of makeup to begin with. You want to look beautiful, but not overdone.
personally i think its a huge waste of money. you know what you like, you know what looks good on you, and you are comfortable doing your own. so practice a little with different eyeshadows or whatever but do your own. that money you save can be spent on something for your new home!


good luck and happy wedding!
Its probably the one day in your life where you would want to look like a princess above all others, so i would recomend it. unless your budget doesnt support it.





I am just lucky to have a bridesmaid that is a makeup artist, so i havent even looked at how much it costs. Sorry.
set up appt. (after hair up-do) at Macys (or other


major dept store)


Each make-up counters do facial make-overs


with the promise of buying at least 2 of their products


(este Lauder)


It's not that expensive and worth it!


Have seen brides with hair made up and veils on!
If you get someone good then it's worth it. Not only do they make you look absolutely amazing but it's one less thing you have to do that day.
I swear by Mineral Make up. Lasts all day and covers anything you want to cover. I use Neutrogena. Spend the money on some good make up that you get to keep and just do it yourself.
I am having both my hair and makeup done and I just did a trial this weekend. I loved it. I got the eyelashes added on and airbrushing.





It is expensive, but heck, it is worth splurging once in a while!
Well..what ever makes you feel BEAUTIFUL. If you can find a friend or do it yourself and be happy then great. But if you have the money go for a makeup artist. After all it is your BIG DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
domain names