Thursday, June 24, 2010

How much should I charge to do makeup at a Wedding and for a Sweet Sixteen?

I'm not licensed yet but do Professional makeup. I always do everyones makeup but have never charged. Please help! (I use MAC, Bobbi Brown, Loreal, etc) And will be using my own tools.How much should I charge to do makeup at a Wedding and for a Sweet Sixteen?
Eight dollars sounds about right.How much should I charge to do makeup at a Wedding and for a Sweet Sixteen?
The more make up you do the more you charge, do a reasonably amount...do a survey and ask people how much they think they should be charged.
a professional usually charges about 拢200-300 and if its far then factors in a travle cost. if you're not licensed yet then do it for half that? are u doing hair too or just makeup? my cousin had her hair n makeup done by a proff for her wedding and she charged 拢250. you could also do trial sessions for 拢25 where you do one eye in a difft type of make-up eg natural vs heavy/ shimmer vs matte. this might bring in some interest. also give u chance to meet client if you decide u dont like them for whatever reason (does happen) then you can conveniently be 'busy' on the day they require. also, try and take pics of the makeup u do so that you can build up a portfolio of difft looks that u can create.


you might find friends and fam are reluctant to trump up, but dont forget you are using your products so theres got to be some kind of payback. you could do deals for wedding/sweet sixteen - that you will do upto 4 people for 拢350?


good luck


x





ooh just seen the other answers - where do they find these makeup artists with such fab prices?!! guess you'll have to price yourself according to your market.... me and my outlandish ideas!!
dont charge more than 10$ per girl
You could see what others are charging and go by that. I would also look at the cost of supplies, gas to get there, and the time.
$10 per girl
I did makeup for about three years but am not a professional. I charged $15 for proms and have only applied makeup for a wedding once for $30. I would call a few local salons and ask them what their pricing is, just to have an idea. I believe most of the places here charge $45 no matter what event it is for (which is what I paid for my own wedding).
not my area of expertise, sorry


but if in the unlikely event that it's the supersweet 16 show on mtv charge whatever you want cuz mtv's frontin' every bill regardless
Figure out how much make-up you will use (in dollars) then charge that plus Like $20-30/hour.
depending o what you do mayb about $10
I would charge an hourly rate. It depends on how much experience you have and which makeup companies you have worked with or currently work with. If you are not super experienced I would charge $15 per hour and if you have a ton of experience and the family has $$ then I would charge $50-75 per hour.
the last wedding i did i charged 拢100.


two bridesmaids,bride and mother of the bride.


hope this helps.
$25-$30 a person, but maybe give a discount for group rates--more than say 10 or 12 people.
If you are in California, no less than $30 per person.
you should charge $100.00 for the whole wedding or sweet sixteen because thats not that much money. the products that you use are nice and you are a begginner so im sure that you are good so start lower and keep getting higher in price if they say that you are good that go up 50 bucks for the next job that you get. oh and if its what you have a passion for than take like lessons or something!


glad too help


bibi


p.s. tell them how much you charge and try to raise it becuz u probably deserve more
$5 - $10 each girl
Maybe $10-15 depending on style
The fact that you aren't licensed means you should charge less than a licensed professional. How about $10 a girl?
20 for the sweet 16


50 for the wedding
$25/hr plus costs. Agree on the makeup and give it to them afterwards.
  • microsoft
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    domain names