Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My wedding dress is vintage style I have no idea how to do my makeup! thinking red lipstick any advice or pics?

I have green/hazel eyes..dark reddish brown hair...light tan skin..and a few freckles.. my dress is ivory.. I will have a Dahlia in my hair..and long big curls in my hair....Please help!!!My wedding dress is vintage style I have no idea how to do my makeup! thinking red lipstick any advice or pics?
What color is the dahlia? I say go natural for the makeup unless you usually wear red lipstick, then I'd say def go for it! Ok since I'm a makeup fanatic, I'll tell you what I think...sorry this is going to be kind of long!





I recommend that you go to Sephora and get the following:





~Laura Mercier silk creme foundation (it is awesome and makes your skin look absolutely flawless)





~Tarte- natural beauty cheek stain. Get the dark red one. It gives you a pretty reddish flush that looks really enhances your skin and looks natural.





~Bronzer... I'd say either get a NARS bronzer or a Bare Minerals one. Not sure what your skin looks like, so its hard to say recommend one. But since your dress is ivory make sure you don't get anything too orange based because it will clash.





~Dior Show mascara (get waterproof if you plan on crying!) Your eyelashes will look amazing.





~As for lipstick.... this is a hard one because I haven't seen your picture, but make sure your lipstick doesn't clash with the dahlia. Example, if you are wearing a peach colored dahlia DON'T wear coral colored lipstick. So I would recommend getting a NARS ';velvet matte lip pencil'; It's basically looks like a big lip pencil but its actually more like lipstick. Buy a similar gloss to wear over it. You don't have to do that, but it will look very pretty. I have this in ';Cruella'; which is an awesome red color. I put on a veryy light coat of it yesterday, went out walking, went to the market, came home and it was still looked good.





~Eyeshadow.... MAC eyeshadow is AMAZING because they stays on forever and are so vivid and easy to blend. I also like Stila and NARS. I would get something with tawny colors, browns, taupes, light coppers, matte golds.... Just remember to balance your lips and your eyes. ie. Dark lips and dark eyes looks clownish (most of the time) and nude/lighter lips look great with dark eyes. Just don't overdo it!





~Eyeliner: Tarte- emphasEYES high definition eye pencil. It is super slim and creates really nice lines.





Ok well that took a while to type out!! haha. If you need any help or want to send me your picture, I'd be happy to help you further!! you can email me at ohiemily@yahoo.com





Good luck %26amp; congratulations!!!!!!My wedding dress is vintage style I have no idea how to do my makeup! thinking red lipstick any advice or pics?
Thats my physical description as well and for my wedding I did beige eye shadow with some shimmer to it with red lips and black waterproof mascara (my wedding was outside, hence the shimmer) I did a bit of blush as well by using my lipstick (you pat a little onto your ring finger, smile, and pat it onto the apples of your cheeks. Don't do this the day of without trying it prior just in case you're allergic to the lipstick. This looks awesome cause it matches your lips perfectly.)





The exact brands I used are as follows:


eye shadow: maybelline in silken taupe (#180)


lipstick: wet n' wild #509A (i belive its called cinnamon)


mascara: N.Y.C. Waterproof Mascara in Jet Black (light blue tube)





While I am biased, I do have to say that I looked amazing and I don't compliment myself easily. Good luck and congrats!
I would go with the vintage, marilyn Monroe makeup!





The red lipstick with the natural look.





http://www.hellomagazine.com/film/specia鈥?/a>





i love it! i'm thinking about trying it when i go for my makeup rehearsal i guess you would call it.





http://annie8886.files.wordpress.com/200鈥?/a>





Major black mascara and bright red lips!
Look up some old pics of Audrey Hepburn for some ideas. Anything like Audrey is gorgeous. i'd suggest marylin monroe too, and you may find something you like with her but being as your hair is closer to audrey's i'd start there. Maybe some other stars from that era too would help. Ingrid Bergman, even Jackie Kennedy - Onassis.


just start thinkign your favourite 50's 60's movies and go from there.





Also, Dita Von Tesse has a very pin up look to her, maybe check out some of her current styles. It's modern with that very 50's pin up look to her.





good luck!
coming from a girl who does makeup for a living.. go natural as possible.. too much makeup will show in the pictures and you dont want to look nasty. Maybe do a pale green eyeshadow with a rose cheek and lip. The green eyeshadow will look incredible compared to your reddish hair.





good luck! %26lt;3
Natural color on the eyes and a pale pink on the lips. It's a wedding not a night out on the town. Good Luck
try this set up.. this is how a wedding looks in a beach.. just a simple make-up is on me.. no need to over do...





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ax77RVMd鈥?/a>
maybe some black eye liner or something. or have it done at a beauty shop might be a good idea to do that.. best of luck

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
domain names