Thursday, June 24, 2010

What should I do for wedding makeup?

I am struggling to decide whether or not to have my makeup professionally done for my wedding. I want it to look nice, but, I can't see paying someone to do it since I do know how to put makeup on. I was thinking of going to a makeup counter or store and having a beauty consult done and going from there. I think it would be cheaper, but I'm not sure. Also, some of my bridesmaids are ';makeup deficient'; if you will. Should I have them go on consults too?What should I do for wedding makeup?
I had the same 'wedding' problem just it was with my hair :-) I have a good sence of beauty but on my wedding I decided to try something more special and went to the hairdresser ;-) She started to make some 'special' things but at the middle of the process I decided I didnt like my hair - that was not me at all. I jumped up and said I dint like it that way.If you just could see my hairdressers eyes.';What are you going to do now?'; asked she. ';I am going to wet my hair and do something that I will feel comfortable with.'; was my answer :-D I bet shed never had another bride like me on the chair :-D So I went home, stood before the mirror and although averybody arround me was in a hurry I really enjoyed doing my hair. On my wedding day one of my aunts asked WHERE THEY HAD DONE SUCH A BEAUTIFUL HAIRSTYLE FOR ME!!!





Heres the conclusion : whatever you do, if you feel comfortable with yourself, everybody will think youre just perfect!!!





So if you are good at make up, then you have an already formed taste for what suits you. If you think you dont understand how to do it, than anything would do just fine for you :-) In your case, however, its more likely for you to cope better yourself than anybody elese on your own face. May be there are some good make up artists who would do really better but is your wedding the time for experiments?! Or at least go for a test make up several days before the event.





Youve mentioned the words 'paying' and 'cheapper'. If money is a problem for you, then you put priorities first. As I feel by reading your question you will do just fine with your own make up. Go for it. I did my make up alone and I felt briliantly on my wedding. I knew what I wanted and it was all that mattered.





About your bridesmaids...may be you could organize a make up artist for them before the wedding, after they get dressed, and give him/her your opinion on how you would like them to be done (heavier or liter make ups, what colors...etc) Then let this person do it for them. If expensive, ask some talented friend to do it for you as a wedding present. Your girls will feel special because you have brought a make up profecionalist especially for them and you will feel comfortable that they are ok on your wedding ...and the wedding pictures will be fine ;-)





As for the type of the make up - make some experiments on your face beforehand if you need anything ask some friends to land you something. You will see the difference in between the materials yourself - you have a taste - you said :';I dont want to look like...'; Thats enough ;-)What should I do for wedding makeup?
I had my makeup done professionally on my wedding day. The day of I was so busy putting together the final details of the wedding that I was happy to have the makeup artist come and do my makeup on site. It was the best thing that I could have done because it was one less thing that I had to worry about.





It's not only about how good they do the makeup, it's also about saving time. Do you have a wedding planner to take care of the wedding planning the day of the event? (I didn't have one). If not, don't even think about going anywhere to have your makeup done. You'll have less time than you think and this is your day to be pampered anyway!





Also, for your bridesmaids, it would be a good idea for the ';makeup deficient'; to get their makeup done at a counter or a salon that does both hair and makeup. At MAC, you can make an appointment for a consult (so they can be done on time) and have them bring a picture of the bridesmaid dress so the artist will know how to do the makeup.





Your foundation depends upon your skin type. The heavier the coverage, the better it will look in photographs BUT it will be uncomfortable to wear throughout the reception. Keep your skin in the best condition so that you can use less. My makeup artist chose a Clarins foundation (not too heavy but pigmented enough to cover a last minute pimple that showed up).
I think if you have been doing your makeup yourself and know how and are happy with it, do it yourself for your wedding. If your friends are ';makeup deficient'; they should probably have a consult done, but ultimately it's up to them. The way their makeup looks isn't going to matter than much. You are the focus in the pictures. Unless any of them use really outrageous makeup, but it doesn't sound like that it their problem.
I think you should look like you on your wedding day if you can apply make up well do it yourself or have a friend help out that knows how you like it. If you want a lil more sparkle find some body shimmer for your neck and cheeks to add a special glow
If you go to the Mac counter, they do your makeup for free but you have to buy at least 40 bucks in makeup from them. They do a wonderful job!
Im not sure if there is a Merril Norman where you live but they do a wonderful job on makeup and its free. You can also call your local spas and ask to speak to the Esthetician. They sometimes have great rates on make-up. Also check the malls. They have Mac counters and they do makeup for free. Im not sure if you have to purchase products to receive the makeup application from Mac though. Good Luck. Have it done proffessionaly.
I would schedule an appointment with a make up counter. Most of the time, you don't have to pay for it. They would like you to buy something. My friends and I have always purchased the lip color. It makes it nice to be able to reapply with the same color. Make it fun, and all go together. I would suggest Clinique.
Personally, I prefer the way my makeup looks when I do it myself.





I like to keep my makeup pretty minimal and natural looking, and when I have it professionally done, I think they use too much and I just don't think I look like myself.
u can go to the mall and get a makeover for free
If it is a fairly large wedding it would be worth it to have a professional do the job on the day.





It is a big photography day, and you will need to wear more makeup so your face shows up better in the pictures and you look gorgeous. A professional can put a lot more makeup on you, while avoiding the caked on look. You don't want to look washed out in the pictures.
Even if you don't do it for the actual wedding, it would be a fun thing to do with your bridesmaids to go out and get your make-up done at a make-up counter. This might help those who are ';make-up deficient'; a reason to want to look really good for the wedding. I did my own make-up and my cousin came in and said ';You're make-up looks great! Who did it?';





Go for elegance, a classy clean look for your wedding day. Practice in the days before so you can do it yourself. Have your bridesmaids over ahead of time and help them out.





One thing to remember, blend the make-up down the jaw line to the neck...know what I mean? You don't want a line at the edge of your face.
Well, let's start with the bridesmaids. Unless, you're planning on paying for all of them, it's not nice to demand that your bridesmaids have their make up professionally done. If some of them are more talented with the blush brush than others, ask them to lend a hand. That way, no one is offended and everyone looks nice.





As for your own makeup, get it professionally done, one way or another. You'll show up better in the pictures without looking like you just globbed on mascara yourself. You spend so much money on your wedding photography, you want to make sure you look nice in the pictures.
Ask around and friend a friend or relative who is good at this.. and have a tea type thing where you can all have your makeup done that day together.. that would be fun and you can match up a little. I am thinking Mary Kay consultant.. they have all the make up and palets and everything. Maybe you could throw her a few bucks, but the big thing is she'll be glad to help out for advertisement.
I think you should go for a professional even though you are good because they will have all the expensive top products and it will save you alot of hassle from worrying about whether it goes wrong and they can help you with best colours to suit you etc.


If you want the wedding to be beautiful and perfect then they should go to consultants if you want them to. After all it is your wedding, so your choice!!
Put a bag over your head. No one will notice anyway.
Merrel Norman does it for free too... set up an appointment...but they won't do the whole wedding party. Or if you have a good Friend that you know is good at doing make up ask her to come to the wedding early enough to do it for you....Believe me...most people won't notice anyway...unless of course you look like a clown did it for you...HA HA
If you find a good make up artist, you won't have that caked on look. I would suggest going with a professional just because they have tricks to ';set'; your make up so that it lasts throughout the day, and this is important since it will be a day filled with picture taking! My make up artist was awesome and she only charged me $75, which was a great deal compared to some others I spoke with.
I had my makeup done at a clinque counter in the mall one time. It was free, but you had to buy $15 worth of products. It was worth it to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
domain names