Thursday, June 24, 2010

What time should I get hair/makeup done for my 5 o'clock wedding?

I booked hair for 10 am and my sister gets her hair done right after me by the same person. My trial took an hour. My sis has short hair so I'm sure it won't take long for her updo. My makeup will probably take 1/2-1 hr and my sis is getting hers done right after me. The hair/makeup place are in the same building. The wedding is at 5 but it takes 45 minutes to an hour to drive there. Do you think my 10 am appt for hair and 12 for makeup sounds right? Will my MAC makeup last that long??? Here's what I have tell me what you think!





10 am-11 am My hair


11 am-12 pm My sis's hair


12-1 pm My makeup


1-2 pm my sis's makeuo


2-3 go home and get dressed


leave at 3 to wedding placeWhat time should I get hair/makeup done for my 5 o'clock wedding?
I would give yourself more than just one hour to get home and get dressed honestly. That feels a little rushed. Other than that my only opinion is as long as you have extra hair spray and can do a touch up on your makeup like your lips.What time should I get hair/makeup done for my 5 o'clock wedding?
That time line sounds good to me. Believe me your stylist will get your hair to stay!!





I once was in a 5 PM wedding and had my hair done at 8AM (because that is the only time my stylist was available.) and believe me it stayed ALL NIGHT and I was pulling bobby pins out at 1AM lol!





Although you may want to give yourself more time to get dresses, can you leave at 3:30?





Good luck!
Are you having any picture taken at home? If not I'd do it all an hour earlier, you can't always depend on traffic or weather, and make sure you have make up with you for touch ups.
thats not enough time. You didnt allow for mishaps, mistakes, traffic, lunch and photos while getting ready. Take your time. You should try to move your appointment to 9 and eat something in the car
You could switch with your sister just to be on the safe side, I always try to wait until the last possible minute to do hair and makeup.
your schedule sounds perfect. my wedding was at 2pm and i had my hair appt at 8am. so since your wedding is at 5pm i would say getting your hair at 10am or 11am would be perfect.
ten to two is fine for hair and makeup, but 2-3 bothers me as it doesnt leave much room. i would have done 9-1 for hair and makeup and i would have done 1-3 for dressing. that is just me, hon.


if you dont sweat your makeup will be just fine.


i always leave an extra hour because every time, every time, hon, something will not go smoothly and you will need that extra time. and if you have time at the end, that is a bonus, but in my vast experience, give yourself one extra hour. that is just me.
I would suggest having a designated person take whatever you need to get dressed to the wedding site for you that way you can get your hair and make-up done a little later and go straight to the site to get ready instead. If you get your hair done that early, you may not look as fresh for the ceremony at 5pm. I would suggest having your sister go first allowing you to be the last finished buying you more time to stay fresh before the wedding.





Try


11-12 Sister's Hair


Send her to get her make-up done while you are getting your hair done.


1-2 Your Hair


2-3 Your Make Up





* You may also find that since you already had a trial the actual day of appointments won't take as long since they already know what you want.





Leave straight from the salon to the wedding site to get dressed.





*I am assuming there is a bride's room of some sorts in which you can get ready.
  • microsoft
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    domain names