Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Wedding makeup?

I am wondering how I should wear my makeup for my wedding. its saturday and its outside. I am VERY light skinned, gray/blue eyes, light brown hair with red and blonde highlights. I went to the store tonight to get something different and just got stuck. my stepmom said she would bring her makeup for me (she is a beautitian) but I find it weird to wear someone elses lipstick/mascara, etc.Wedding makeup?
Be very careful with your make-up. because you are so light-skinned, anything heavy will make you look clownish. I have about the same hair color and skin tone as you. for eye-shadow, I would stick with light shimmering neutral tones to enhance your eye color. no blues,purples,etc. still with warm colors, like a shimmering gold/pink color. because it's an outside wedding you want your make-up to be natural but enhanced. for mascara, go for a brown or brown-black color with a brown or coal colored eyeliner. no heavy black liner! or just skip eyeliner all together if you have long,lush lashes.


for cheeks, go for a light apricot/coral color. avoid those real rosy, pink colors. they don't look as natural on very fair skin. for lips, I would do a neutral lip-liner with a light colored lip gloss that closely matches the lip-liner. try to stick with a color that closely matches your own lip color. to finish your look, try a LIGHT bronzer and sweep it over your forehead,bridge of your nose and chin to give you a little bronze glow.


Good rule of thumb to remember, try to avoid making every shimmer. pick one feature (either your eyes or your lips) for shimmer and try to make the rest more of a matte finish.


and above all, PLEASE avoid make-up with glitter in it. this is 2008, not 1998. : D


I hope this helped youWedding makeup?
Go to every makeup counter in the department stores..on different days...and get yourself made-up. When you find one you like...either learn how to do it, or set up an appointment with THAT particular person to do your makeup for you on your wedding day.


FYI: don't wear moisturizer with SPF (sunscreen) in it... it causes your skin to have a reflection in pictures and washes you out.


ALSO: MAC has some AWESOME lip glosses with great color and shine. (which worked great for me cause I'm allergic to lipstick)
go to the mall the day of your wedding (depending on what time your ceremony is) and you can get your makeup done for cheap at any department store makeup counter. prescriptives and mac have good beauticians. you just have to buy something from them in return, whatever their minimum purchase is. you might want to go in advance and try out different colors and brands but have them apply it.
have her do a test run and see what she does and if you like it





go tot he mall to a makeup counter and do the same





get different ideas





light pinks and peaches would look great on you. I have the same coloing. Do a shimmery eye in a silvery color, light pink or coral on your cheeks, lots of mascara to bring out your eyes and a nice pink or peachy lip gloss for a bit of color and shine
Here's what I suggest: wear it in the style and colors that you usually wear... you don't want to look like someone else in your pictures! I would wear it a little darker, and the foundation a little heavier (just for the sake of pictures). I am a photographer, and people are always happier when they look like themselves!
I would call or go by one of your local stores that sells makeup (Dillards) etc and schedule a time to go in the day of your wedding and have someone do your makeup for you. They don't charge anything to do this.





HTH


www.passionpartiesbystephanie.com
get things for you and let your step mom put it on for you.





i ma doing my own makeup as i barely ever wear any and want to look natural and like myself
just wear nuetral colors for sure--no aqua blue or green. You will look much less dated in five years if you go neutral.
I think I am just going to go majorly understated. With rosie cheeks, haha.
go shopping for new makeup with your stepmom.
can you go with a neighbor or aunt or church member

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
domain names